Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sleeping last night was good until I kept getting interrupted at many different times by resident doctors and then my AM nurse LaShawn. I knew I was getting my ultrasound today; I was both excited and scared. But my excitement for that was dwarfed by knowing my great friend Josie was on her way down from NJ to visit me during the day. I miss her so much and was so happy when she told me she wanted to come down and hang out for the afternoon. I was called to Dr V’s office for my ultrasound while she was still on the way. I ended up waiting an extended amount of time in the office down there; I didn’t make it back up to my room until almost 2 hours after I left. But the test itself had its good news AND bad news. Good news: baby is 3lbs 15oz (almost 4lbs, yahoo). However the bad news was that my dilation is becoming much more rounded and as a result the threat of my water breaking is much higher than ever before because of that she decided to weight the baby after all (because she originally wasn’t unless there was a possible chance of an increased risk and/or possible delivery). Josie was in the room when I got back from my tests, I have to admit I was so happy to have someone there because I needed someone to talk to a bit before I have to tackle some stuff for work. Josie went out and got us some great lunch and I worked while she was gone and for a bit after she got back. I got things done and turned off skype. Spent a GREAT afternoon with Josie, I can’t wait to see her when she comes back in a week and a half. Dave came home from work early and joined us for dinner and my PM Nurse came on duty and Danielle said as she came in that they “finally let me have you again”. I was so touched and glad to see her. Before dinner we got a visit from Father Paul. He gave me communion and gave all three of us ashes; well it is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. We had dinner and afterwards Josie had to leave to go home. Shortly after she left I got a visit from Lindsey and Dylan. They hung out with us for a long while, did some blessing beads and I had so much fun seeing them. They are both such a riot. I can’t wait for them to visit again. After they left it was time for my medicine and monitoring. Baby (like usual) has a strong heart rate and no contractions picked up. After the monitoring was completed Dave started talking to the belly and the baby was just moving like crazy and ended up hitting my bladder really hard and that equaled a mad dash for the bathroom…LOL. Afterwards I decided to send Dave home, because he looked so tired and I was fading fast too but I also wanted to be alone. I am coming to grips as to how high risk I really am at the moment and that my water could break at any time and I could be rushed to be delivered sooner than later. It’s a bit scary and I worry about the baby, but I know I’m in the best place to be and things will be OK in the long run. However, I’m still very scared. Going to go to bed and hopefully get some good sleep or at least get the chance to relax a bit.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

:( I'm sorry the news wasn't better. Just be glad you are in a place they can give you immediate assistance if something happens.... HUGS and belly rubs. Sorry I haven't been checking in more. I have been diligantly reading this blog though. :)