Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hospital Journal Entry: Saturday, January 31, 2009

Woke up feeling like a million bucks. Some solid rest really helped. My day nurse was Rachna. Always greeting me with a smile, this was so nice. Dr W came in to check up on me to see how things were going. She told me I could take a shower (YAHOO) and that I could continue doing so every other day. Such good news, couldn’t wait. Dave brought me over some toiletries and nice shampoo/conditioner. But it was what he brought in addition to that, is what touched my heart. He brought a few stuffed animals that mean a lot to me, the Caps car flag to hang up for some hockey décor and he brought a picture from the mantle of us on our honeymoon, for a few touches of home. I finally decided to clean up a bit. I spent a good amount of time just washing my hair and after I got cleaned up and finished, I felt so recharged and refreshed. Dave and I watched the 12:30pm start of the Caps vs. Red Wings and it was amazing to see the Caps beat the reigning Stanley Cup Champions.
Just a routine day after that, of antibiotics (every 4 hours, via IV) and getting monitored like usual. Dr W came in for a minute or two to check in on me, she’s so great and I’m always so happy to see her. My evening nurse came on duty and I got to meet the great and wonderful Kathie. She’s so cool. She reminds me of a person I used to work with at PWH. Had a difficult time getting restful sleep, slept very lightly and woke up more times than I cared to count.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Sounds like you are making it a good place for an EXTENDED STAY!! You hear that baby??