Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hospital Journal Entry: Friday, January 30, 2009

The next morning or should I really say all through the early morning hours I was extremely anxious and still in L&D. My new Day RN’s are Noel and Nicole. They were all so sweet in keeping up with me and my weepy moods. My mom called me and told me she wasn’t going to be able to make it over that day and I’d probably see her tomorrow. Needless to say, that did disappoint me but what could I do right? Well about 40 minutes later, came a knock at my door…yep you guessed it..it was my Mom and she had roses for me. I was so teary just seeing her. She put the flowers in water for me and sat down next to me and at that point I called Noel in the room. I whispered something in her ear so my mom couldn’t hear (I asked her to turn the volume up on the monitor, because mom had never heard the baby’s heartbeat) and she did. Mom was like..what’s that??? I said “your granddaughter”. Mom started tearing up and just squeezed my hand. She was so happy. I left it on until they disconnected me from the monitor. Dr H came in to check on me to see how I was feeling and told me that I graduated from L&D and was moving to the maternity wing. Mom helped in getting everything together (my clothes and personal belongings) to make the transition easy. She went home and about 30 minutes later Noel and Nicole moved me to Room 330 (my new home). I was transferred to a new nurse named BJ who was so sweet in getting me adjusted.

Justin and Sherri came over to visit that evening, they got there before Dave did. Sherri brought me some really great cake. YUMMMY. Shortly after they got here they had to go in the hallway because it was time for me to get my second (and final) steroid shot..yeah in the butt. But the medicine was for the baby and a must. OUCH did that smart. But it was over fast. I had a wonderful visit with both Justin and Sherri and they left after some time hanging out. My evening nurse was Arlene…she was charge nurse that night and she knows her stuff. I really like her. I insisted that Dave go home again..to get some rest at home, he’s only .5 miles away and could get here fast if I needed him here. I took more ambien and I was able to get a solid 6 hours of good sleep. Only being disturbed a few times for vital signs, antibiotics and visits from resident and attending doctors

No comments: