Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hospital Journal Entry: Monday, February 2, 2009

Was woke up early by my AM nurse Tricia who gave me my 1 hour glucose test….which I found out that I ultimately failed. When Dr. Ca came in to tell me, she thinks it was because of the steroid shots for the baby. But they would repeat the test on Tuesday but it would be the 3 hours one. Yucky. I got to take a shower and clean up a bit, which always makes me feel better. But around mid afternoon the construction in the next wing (that so happened to be on the other side of my room wall) was sooooooo loud (at least 7 people banging on walls and such with sledgehammers) and about 2 hours after the banging began an awful chemical smell and burnt electric smell was all down our hallway in overwhelming in my room. I had to call the nurse to get some deodorant like spray to make my room smell better, because I was feeling nauseous all day (due to the excessive glucose in my system). Once I felt a little better I called the coordinator of the birthing class and cancelled our enrollment and asked for a refund. They had no problem in processing that. (yeah $$$ back). My evening nurse was Loren, she recommended due to my long day to take some ambien so I would be rested enough to tackle my 3 hours glucose test in the morning. So I did that and was out like a light.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Glad to hear they had no issues with a refund. Not like you don't have a reason