Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday, February 24, 2009
HAPPY 31 Weeks!!!! Each week is a blessing. Another week to go for our next goal, a day at a time. My AM nurse Quynh came in to give me my meds this morning and just let me sleep a bit longer. A few other doctors (residents) came in right before her, but I was able to fall back asleep just fine. When I got up and ate breakfast I called Quynh and told her I’d be ok for being on the monitor but before that I asked her to call my OB on duty to ask if I could have a shower today. She came in to put me on the monitor and told me the doctor gave me the OK for a shower. YAHOO!!!! (isn’t it sad..LOL…when the best part of my day is a shower?) Baby looked good on the monitor, but I had a contraction and they were able to see it on the monitor but it was very minor… so when I was done, I got to work for a bit and followed up on a few ongoing issues. I felt very productive with what I got accomplished today. Then got all cleaned up. Feeling good and had some lunch and then my afternoon medication. Decided to take a nap for a bit and asked Dave later to bring me some dinner, because I was in the mood for a cheese burger. I got a new RN I’ve never had before tonight. Her name is Ashley, she is a riot. I like her. Dr Co came to visit, she had a very busy day and because nothing major or imminent was going on with me she saved my visit for the evening when everything for her slowed down. She talked to us for a minute and reminded me there is an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow and that we’d see her soon. Dave brought me dinner and we watched the pitiful hockey game, Caps vs. Philly. I’m not even going into the details of the game, at one point I truly thought I was going to give myself contractions due to how frustrated I was getting. Oh and get this…the PCA’s came again to take my vitals near the end of the third period. I literally said to them “are you kidding me ladies, you want to take my vitals NOW??” LMAO…we all had a good laugh about it. The game ended and they got what they needed. Thankfully everything was just fine with my vitals. I sent Dave home to get some sleep and I updated my journal (what you are reading now) and posted everything online. Worked on the baby blanket I’m making until I got too tired and turned out the lights.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

ANother good day. Thankful for showers!!