Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hospital Journal Entry: Thursday, Feb 5, 2009

My day nurse is Dana today…she had a student with her for part of the day. Dr W came in and told me that I would be called on sometime during the day for my follow up ultrasound and that she would come back later to talk to me about the results. I was really nice, I must admit, to leave the room just to go downstairs for a little bit. However, I only got more upsetting news. My cervix was observed as being completely effaced and starting to dilate even more (up to as much as 3cm). The amniotic sac is now funneling up against the actual cervical opening, which puts me at an even more risk for early rupture. I held it together as best as I could to get back upstairs. I just wanted to go back to my room afterwards and curl up. I called Dave in tears and told him the news. He came right over to be with me. Dr W came in before he got there and pretty much told me what I already knew, that I had an insufficient cervix and that my bed rest is more important than ever. On a happier note..got visited by Colleen and she looks fantastic. She’s a week ahead of me in her pregnancy (she’s having a boy, her third). My evening RN, Grace was great in giving me space and just coming in for medicine and getting my vitals. I had a low emotional evening as a result from the ultrasound. Had a difficult time staying asleep.

2 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

:( Sorry you didn't have a good day, but you know now you aren't incompatent you are.... crap, can't remember the word! lol. But its better, oh yeah, DYNAMIC!! :)

chunkinsblog said...

you were a ROCK that night - i had a great time visiting and could only barely tell that it had been such an awful day! and here we are more than 10 days later and BG Polk is still growing STRONG!!! Will try to come by this week as well - will keep you posted