Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hospital Journal Entry: Wednesday, Feb 4, 2009

I got a new AM nurse named Dana, she is topping the charts so far as my favorite nurse since being admitted. I discovered she can sing and she told me she was on youtube singing the national anthem at the GMU graduation from last spring (08). Such a beautiful voice..WOW. I proceeded to tell her that she needed to audition for singing the Anthem at Capitals games…she would be so much better than that girl who won last year (she’s not so good). Dr. H came in to check on me and told me how happy she was that I passed my 3 hour glucose test. And was pleased that I was still there (and had not delivered yet). She also told me I could take another shower and just to be sure to use the shower chair (I really cherish taking a shower, its amazing how just that kind of a simple thing can make you feel so great). I got visited by Kim (it was so great to see her, it had been since the wedding), Sally stopped by and brought more gifts (she’s really getting into shopping for the baby…it’s so cool), Father Paul stopped by and talked with me for a while (it is always so great to spend time and talk to him) and Justin hung out for a bit (he always seems to make me laugh, which I am grateful for). I got Rachel again as my evening nurse, it’s nice to have people as my nurse that I’m getting to know. Because knowing them make it easier to call on them when I need them without feeling like a pain.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

I am sure they all love you too. Get to know more of them. You are gonna be there awhile!! :D