Friday, February 20, 2009

Hospital Journal Entry: Sunday, February 8, 2009

Woke up rather early to a new AM nurse (whom I shall not name, because I didn’t like her too much), she didn’t even know how to properly put me on the monitor and made me feel a little uncomfortable. I think she might be new, and she barely even came in to check on me..in fact I don’t think she ever did. She only came in when she had a purpose. Dr M came and checked on me earlier before visitors arrived. Today was the original date of my baby shower. But because I’m here in the hospital, we had to cancel it. So instead, I decided to have immediate family and a few close friends come spend the afternoon here with me for a mini-sprinkle. Elyssa, my Mom, Diane, my sister Jen, Aunt Karen, Aunt Fran, Dave’s mom Sally, Karen King were all there to help celebrate the afternoon. Everyone was so nice and brought some really wonderful things that I know we will use. I can’t wait to see everything after the nursery is set up. I was a very over stimulating day for sure. So tired again after everything. Stephanie was my PM nurse again. She made sure I remained in bed and staying calm after all of the excitement of the day. Justin came by when Dave was here. It is always so nice to see him. Later after everyone left I got on skype with Josie, I love talking to her. I miss her so much and wish she lived closer. Sadly I did have a problem later in the evening. I had some major pressure going on in my pelvis. Stephanie called the resident on duty and they put me on the monitor for an additional hour and did an exam to make sure nothing was wrong. Thank goodness everything was ok, they believe the baby might’ve shifted lower creating the pressure I felt and maybe even a contraction or two. But all was OK. After that I finally fell asleep. Such a long but wonderful day. I thank everyone for making it that way. I will certainly never forget it. But Dave and I decided because we couldn’t have the original baby shower that we will hold a welcome home and meet the baby party at our house, when we get organized after we both (baby especially) get home. I can’t wait.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

sorry you don't like that morning nurse. :)