Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Woke up exactly at 8 am thanks to the good ol’ construction. My AM nurse, Emily was amazing. I at first thought no one believed me about the noise from the construction in my room. Well, when Emily was trying to hook me up for my morning monitoring session…we could barely hear the baby’s heartbeat on the machine due to all of the banging and drilling. It was just absurd. Once we were able to keep me on the monitor for a good 30 minutes, she told me that I WAS changing rooms today and that if I’m going to be here for a considerable amount longer then I deserve a much more quiet room. She said she’d get to work on that. Dr. H came in as well and told me that they were going to call Dr M’s office to schedule and ultrasound (my impression was for Tomorrow) and to my surprise, I was picked up an hour later to go down. Well, Dr V (Dr M’s partner in his practice) did my ultrasound today. She was so nice, I had never met her before that day. She measured the baby for an updated (estimated) weight. Baby is now 3lbs 2oz. Talk about a growing spurt…WOW. It was fantastic news. Then she was able to get a few face photos of the baby with the regular ultrasound. It was so incredible. Then they measured all of the stuff going on in my cervix again to check for any changes. Well, to our surprise we did find something. Apparently I was having a contraction during the measuring…because we watched things dilate and then close. Yep that’s what I said…CLOSE! But then it opened again. Dr V asked me… “are you having a contraction??” My reply to her was “not that I know of, or can feel.” It’s not every day that you can make a doctor go “Wow”. And she told me I have a “dynamic” cervix, because of what it was doing. After everything was done, I walked to the bathroom and was met by another expectant mom being brought in to see Dr V as well… I looked at her, she looked at me and we both knew who we were the moment we saw each other. It was Sherean from the unit (the other anti-partum in my hallway, she’s been here for over 50 days so far). We hugged and said how nice it was to finally meet one another. I let her go in for her stuff and went back upstairs. Well I got back to my room; to find out they were ready for me to change rooms. YAHOO!! I was moved down from room 330 to room 338. A much more cozy feeling room too. Dave came home from work early to help with changing rooms. He got me all settled in too. We got to watch the Caps @ NYR and lose in the SO…oh well. Dave also brought something in for the nurse I had the other night, Aicha (who’s daughter went to see the show at KC) and lucky for us...she was my nurse this night too. We were able to give her the opening night gift for the show to her daughter (a stuffed animal with a bandana with the name of the show on it). Aicha was so excited and couldn’t wait to get home and give it to her daughter. Minus the Caps loss, it was a nice evening.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

I still say that dynamic is alot better than incompatent!