Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Tuesday, February 17, 2009

30 weeks!!! We made our first big hurdle. YAHOO!! Dana my AM nurse surprised me with a scale this morning. I have to now start being weighed each week. And to my and everyone’s surprise I lost 3 lbs since I’ve been here. Dr Co came in and checked with me to make sure I was eating correctly and such. And I told her I was, I also told her what I’ve been eating too. So I’m to work on trying to gain at the least a pound this week (this is the first time in my life I’ve ever been told that). Today I also got really frustrated with skype while trying to connect with Jen at work. So after many, many attempts we both gave up. I was also visited in person by a male doctor (forgot his name) from Anesthesia, in person who read the radiology reports I got from Georgetown Hospital and agreed with the plan that Dr R and I had discussed and answered a few more questions I had. He was very nice. Got visited by Lindsey and Dylan, they brought a great memory book and a kick ass bottle of coconut cream rum from Jamaica for me and Dave. So nice of them, they are such good friends. Peggy came by tonight as well and brought dinner for both Dave and me and her as well. We enjoyed a nice dinner and she surprised me with a piece of chocolate cake for desert. Heather (my PM nurse) came in and said hello to everyone and put big smiley faces back on my white board about being 30 weeks. She’s such a great cheerleader for me. She is keeping me upbeat and motivated for sure. It was such a nice evening and a great end to the day.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Man, cake and rum huh?? LOL!