Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Saturday, February 21, 2009

Woke up completely exhausted, Stephanie came in before her PM shift ended to give me my medicine early this morning and I went back to sleep. I kept the room quiet all morning and only opened my eyes to get my vitals checked and to tell Joyce, my AM nurse that once I got up I’d let her know when I was ready to be on the monitor. I don’t really think I was fully asleep, but more like a relaxed state of mind. But after some time I was tapped awake by Dr H checking up on me and how I was feeling. She examined my belly and said everything looked good and that she’d see me tomorrow. I got to skype today with my mom; she was checking on me and totally noticed how I wasn’t acting normally. And uncovered the fact that the depression I’ve started getting is settling in. My Dad even called later in the day, he picked up on it right away too. I knew it was going to catch up with me eventually, it was only a matter of time. I even told Dr H about it when she was here this morning. She told me if I needed to talk to someone just to let them know. I’m ok right now. I’m just trying to get a handle on things. It’s proving to be difficult but you know…it’s not easy. So needless to say, today was a low day for me (emotionally). I got a visit from Justin; it’s always so nice to see him. We hung out for a while and just chatted it up. And while he was here I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Josie. They are so beautiful, so much in fact I placed them next to my bed. Dave went to church tonight before he got dinner. Right before he arrived I got a call from my buddy Wes; you all know him as the voice of the Washington Capitals. He sounded so much better in comparison to the last time I spoke with him. He was in full flu symptoms and missed the hockey game that night. He had a trip last weekend with his family and I told him the warm air would help him in clearing up his flu symptoms and it did. I told him we were all glad he was better and back at the Phone Booth. It’s not a home game without him. Had a good dinner with Dave after the phone call and realized that my AM nurse never gave me my medicine before she left. I got a little upset because it threw my whole medicine schedule off by another hour. When Stephanie came in to ask what medicine I didn’t get and to tell me she was my PM nurse, I was still upset and kind of lashed out at her by mistake…she said ‘hold up’ walked to the door and walked back in the room…LOL… pressing reset is how she put it. It made me laugh and I apologized so much, I still feel bad about it. Stephanie came in again to put me on the monitor and I apologized again to her and she was completely fine about it. Apparently there were many people today that had a bad day (including my AM nurse) and it didn’t make things easy for me. But I’m much better now, and it’s the end of the day. Hopefully tomorrow won’t as down and today has been.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

sorry to hear you had a bad day. Hopefully things get a bit easier.