Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Emily woke me up early because the lab needed to take blood. (yes, again) I fell back asleep only to woken up again by them ready to take me down for an EARLY ultrasound. (I’m usually taken down around between 12ish and 3ish) To be taken down at 9am was a shock to say the least. I went down before breakfast and as a result my blood sugar started to tank as I was waiting for Dr V to get there, they didn’t have juice (only water) but I didn’t care I needed something to drink to at least to get my mind off of the nausea that was setting in. Dr V did my ultrasound and we saw that things had opened up again. I figured as much though, so I wasn’t really that surprised. I got back to my room and downed the orange juice right away. I had my breakfast and felt better. I decided to turn off the phones again and take a good nap in the afternoon. When I woke up BJ came on as my late afternoon/early evening nurse. Dr H came in and talked to me shortly about the ultrasound results. I got a visit from Peggy and she brought me dinner. It was so nice; it has been a while since seeing her. She was feeling a bit under the weather for a bit. I had a new PM nurse that I’ve never had before, her name Jayln. All was well through the night, but had trouble getting to sleep.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Why is getting to sleep so hard?? I hate it! And are they leaving you enough blood for you to live on?? LOL!