Saturday, March 07, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Woke up to my AM nurse that I’m used to seeing in the evening, Rachel (she switched to Day shift). She got me on the monitor early and things looked good. Dr H came in and checked up on me. She told me that if my ultrasound showed good things or no change that I was OK to take a shower. (my fingers were crossed for good news). Had my ultrasound before lunch and Dr V and I couldn’t believe what we saw on the monitor….my cervix was closed. Yep that’s what I said….CLOSED. Almost 2cm of measurable cervix. After this whole time not having anything barely to measure because I was dilated so much. OMG…talk about crazy. Even Dr V said she had never seen anything like it. Was so happy with the news..I even told Dr V that she might have a new case study to write about. LOL. Got back to my room, had lunch and enjoyed a nice shower. Met my Case Manager, Saba today; she was so nice and it was a pleasure to meet her. Nice to know she’s also keeping up with my insurance nurses and letting all of the other departments that I’ve been utilizing up to date, as to my progress and such. My PM Nurse, Grace, came on duty and she was amazed too at the news. Lindsey and Dylan stopped by, Lindsey made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies….OMG they are soooooooooooooooooooooo good. Also got a visit from Steve and Claudia, they did blessing beads too. That strand is certainly getting long. The evening over all was wonderful. I really enjoyed the visitors and such. I had no problems going to bed. In fact, Dave left early because I kept yawning and getting heavy eyes.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Great, now all I want is chocolate chip peanut butter cookies!! lol. I can't even remember what else you wrote! LOL! I remember the part about the closed cervix, AWESOME NEWS!!