Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Tuesday, March 10, 2009

HAPPY 33 WEEKS!!! Dana got me up this morning to give me my meds and gave me a big hug for making it to 33 weeks. Dr Co cam in too and congratulated me as well, when she was doing her rounds. They had to change my IV today because the one in my left hand had been there long enough and they had to replace it in my right arm somewhere. Poor Lilly (another RN) tried 2 times and missed, she felt so bad. I kept telling her it was ok and not to worry. They called and RN from L&D over to get a new one. She got it in my inside right wrist. Was so tired after all of that, I turned off all phones and went to sleep. I ended up deciding to skip lunch due to fatigue and nausea. I got up when Dave came over and he brought me dinner (soup and bagel) because I wanted something light. The night didn’t go so 100% well, when Kathie came on duty she flushed the new IV and it infiltrated and was very painful too. So she just took it out and let my arm rest for the night and told me we’d wait until we heard what the resident wanted the next morning.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

OUCHIE! Hope things got better!