Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal entry: Thursday, March 12, 2009

I ended up having very little restful sleep. When I woke up Rachna (my day nurse until 4pm) gave me my meds and NST. Dr Ca cam in and told me she was going to have PT (physical therapy) and SW (social work) to come and visit me today. Then I started getting crampy late morning and I started contracting a bit. I was on the monitor for a good while and they gave me more terbutaline and the ctx’s slowed down and eventually stopped in the early afternoon. PT (Jennifer) came in to visit and said she’d work on getting me some other kinds of exercises to do while on bedrest and that she’d bring them back tomorrow. Next I was visited by SW (Saba, my case manager) she came in to talk to me, because people (my dr’s) were concerned I was started to get some pregnancy blues (or depression) and they were kind of right. Saba talked to me for a good bit and she explained to me that my circumstances are very out of the ordinary and no wonder I was starting to feel down. But she told me if I started to feel worse to give her a call at anytime. Watched the Caps play @ Philly and win (finally) that made me feel a bit better for sure. Donna took over for late afternoon til 11pm and she got me my evening meds and NST. I got a few crampy contractions (mild) but nothing significant. I decided to take an ambien to help me sleep. Heather came on as my nurse at 11pm. Funny story of the evening, I waited a bit for the ambien to take effect on me and when I started feeling loopy….I kind of sleepy dialed my nurse. LMAO, it was so funny.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Its no wonder you got the blues. Glad they got someone for you to talk to. :)