Saturday, March 07, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Saturday, February 28, 2009

So nice to see Dana this morning, even if she did greet me with a scale to weigh me this morning. HAHAHA. I gained back the 3lbs I lost before and added an additional pound to it. Everyone thinks it is because of the overwhelming amount of fluid I got from L&D on Thursday. Ah, it’s ok. I’m not worried. Dr Co came by to see me this morning and she filled out Dave’s FMLA paperwork for his work. I’m glad that has been taken care of and it’s another thing off the checklist. I was allowed to take a shower this morning, so I got nice and clean. Kim was my first visitor today, she means so much to me and I really enjoy our time when she visits. The Caps played Boston this afternoon too, and they Won (in Boston, can you believe it??). Andrew stopped by later in the afternoon, he had presents too. He made me a build-a-bear with a red hockey jersey outfit. My original one that Dave made me now has a friend. He also brought a bunch of coloring stuff along with another Caps scarf like the one his mother made for me and our friends…..well this one was special because this one was baby sized….yep that’s what I said. She made one for the baby! It is so cute. My PM nurse was Heather today and I was so happy because I got to introduce Heather and Andrew to each other (yeah I know miss matchmaker, right??). Dana and Rachel (some of the other RN’s) came in too later on and did blessing beads as well and wrote in the little book. That meant more to me than they will ever know. Once all of the visiting and such was over and I was done with my evening monitoring I went to sleep rather easily.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

That book will be something to truly treasure! :) Glad you had a good day. And can't wait to see pics of that scarf.