Saturday, March 07, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Friday, March 6, 2009

Quynh was my AM Nurse again and happy to see there were no contractions this morning. I was so exhausted that I knew this day was going to be uneventful for me. The NRA’s came in and weighed me this morning (I gained a pound, which is right on track) and afterwards I went back to sleep. I didn’t get a Dr visit today (at least that I knew of, the might’ve come by while I was sleeping). But my whole day was spent sleeping and zoning out. I kind of came out of my daze around 2pm-ish. And around 5-6pm some random woman opened my door and walked into my room. Didn’t knock or anything. I said “hello??” and she answered back the same walked in my room and said “wrong room” and just walked out. I proceeded to get VERY Pissed off. I called Quynh and I just let loose. OMG. WTF…again?? Another random person walked in my room AGAIN!?!?!?! Who in their right mind just walks into a closed room, in a hospital without knocking or saying anything as you close the door behind you. The nurses didn’t figure out who it was, they figured it was a family member of another patient….but that’s no excuse. They put the sign back up on the door, to check in at the nurses’ station before entering. I’m not having it happen again. Because if it does, I will physically get out of bed and detain the person myself until a nurse comes. I’ve had it with that crap. The head nurse (in charge of all nurses on this floor) Mary, came to visit and asked about what happened. I told her and such and we talked about other things too since I’ve been here. But I told her overall this unit has been great and the nurses are just so wonderful. My PM nurse, Stephanie was so funny…she made sure each time she entered to over do her knocking…LOL…and I laughed every time she came in...HAHAHAHAHA. I went to bed after I sent Dave home. He fell asleep while I was on the monitor and when I was taken off, I got up and woke him up and sent him home. He was so sleepy and so was I.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

that is really strange about that random person.... hopefully that is the last you saw of her.