Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dana my AM nurse came on duty and didn’t know I was awake when she snuck in to update my board. She was so sweet in making sure I was OK…she acknowledged that my fatigue was very obvious and that I just needed to do nothing but rest the whole day. I did my best, but I was actually OVER tired and couldn’t fall asleep for a bit. Dr Co came in to ask how I was feeling after my busy night, and she told me she was on duty all weekend. Also if I needed anything to just ask. So I asked if I could take a shower, she said ‘of course’. That made me super happy. I got my AM meds and after my benedryl I got tired to a level where I could sleep, and took a long nap. Next thing I know Dana woke me for a minute to give me my afternoon medication and after that I fell back asleep. I woke up to watch the Caps hockey game, but didn’t get to say goodbye to Dana when she handed me over to my PM nurse, Grace. The Caps were home vs. Carolina and they WON….YAHOO!!! I got my shower after the game, and took ambien so that I could sleep well. And boy did I. Only woke up long enough to get my 4am medication and went back to sleep.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Good. You got some rest in. And a shower. Makes for a good day.