Sunday, March 08, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Saturday, March 7, 2009

This morning I was woke up by my AM Nurse Milena to let me know that the lab was there to take blood and such. Thank goodness it was one of the nicer lab phlebotomists’ and I barely felt the stick when she filled the vile or three she had. I spent the good part of the morning and early afternoon catching up my hospital stay journal and posting all of the entries on my blog. With all of the recent excitement and such over the past week and a half, it has been difficult to stay focused long enough to create a journal entry. It was enough for me just to write down my notes for the day (and I’m so glad I do that). I had many visitors today, which I was very happy about. Sam and Sherri visited first. Sherri brought me cake and Sam put a bead onto my blessing bead strand. We enjoyed our visit. They are both such a riot, I’m glad that I’ve been able to see them. They are such great friends and they even have visitors in from out of town. Later on Josie stopped by and Justin too. Josie is in for the hockey game tomorrow and also is staying in DC with her sister all the while her daughter is visiting with friends at GW. Josie looks fantastic and it was nice to see Justin (since it’s been so long) because he’s been getting over a pretty nasty cold. I was pretty exhausted after all of the excitement and visitors of the day. I relaxed the rest the evening with Dave as he finally came over after running errands at Ikea and visiting with Lindsey and Dylan at their home in Woodbridge. They gave Dave a present for me and it is totally incredible. They gave me a baby bootie bouquet. It is the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen. It even smells like baby powder. I’ll do what I can to get a picture of it and up. Oh and don’t forget to set your clocks forward tonight… we lose an hour of sleep.

2 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

stinking fricking time change. I HATE IT!! lol. Can't wait to see some pics of that bootie boquet.

SharksGirl said...

I want to see the baby bootie bouquet :-)