Thursday, April 09, 2009

LAST Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy APRIL FOOLS day!! Is that something you wish while you’re in the hospital…nope. I promised everyone NO JOKES from me today at all. Not while I’m high-risk in here. Rachel came in this morning with my meds and said they would be coming soon to take me down to Dr V’s office for my ultrasound. So I was taken down at 9am and was greeted by smiling faces so happy to see me at week 36. Got many hugs from them, that it made me teary eyed. This is my last ultrasound before the baby is born, soooo they did a weight and cervical length too. HOLY MOLEY…the baby is 6lbs 14oz (that is how much I weighted when I was born) and cervix is VERY open and external dilation (1-1 ½ cm) is now observed on the screen, but something new showed up…when I asked what all the lines on the screen were around the baby’s head, I was informed that the baby had a LOT of hair and for it to show up on an ultrasound you know there has to be a LOT there. WOW. I got back to the room and a bit later Dr H showed up with some amazing news, she wanted to send me home. HUH?? Is this a April Fools Joke??? NOPE… she wanted to talk to a few other Dr’s from the practice… she did and they were all in agreement that I could go home, now especially because the baby is out of danger for early delivery and her growth is fantastic. OMG. I’m gonna go home. The reality of everything became real when she returned with my scripts for the pharmacy and such. She told me to call the office and have them work me in for the next few weeks to see her once a week in the office and that we would cancel the 8th for delivery and try to schedule me for my original c-section date (which was the 22nd). Holy Cow…this is incredible. She said I’ve passed everyone’s expectations and why not give me some time at home before the baby comes and if she tries to come early ok then…they will deliver her early. But we’d pass that bridge as we get to it. I called Dave, he thought I was joking…but I certainly wasn’t. He left work early, and Rachel got me my discharge instructions and I changed clothes and packed up my room from the long stay. I still couldn’t believe it. It was a teary goodbye to the great nurses and sadly I found out I missed seeing Heather by less than 20 minutes. But I got to smell fresh air and go home. OMG…Glinda was amazing when I walked in…she just wagged her tail…smelled me like crazy and then rubbed her scent on my legs as fast as she could…LOL. I missed home so much. The first thing I had to do when I got home, was to go look at the nursery. It is so beautiful. I started tearing immediately and as I hugged Dave he asked me why I was shaking and I told him I was just so overwhelmed with emotion it was all I could do. I got set up on the couch for a bit and then got to lay down in my own bed. I have to admit, it was different sleeping in the bed with Dave after so long. We both woke up every hour during the night, but I have to admit it was so great being in our bedroom. YEAAAAAAAA!! I’m home.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Now I can't stop grinning!! That is such an amazing gift for you!!