Thursday, April 09, 2009

Hospital Stay Journal Entry: Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HAPPY 35 WEEKS!!!! Dana came in to give me my morning meds and wished me a happy 35 weeks. Dr Co came to visit too and to check on my progress and such, all looked good and she agreed with the possibility of scheduling my delivery of baby girl at 37 weeks. But she wanted to talk to a few others at the practice first. Got to have my ultrasound today. Cervix was nice and open (as most of us expected). My mom came by and visited for a good while today and took a picture of me to show my belly progress. Heather was my PM nurse tonight and I noticed that I started to feel a LOT of contractions and turns out that they were certainly in a pattern. So I was on the monitor for a considerable amount of time and it was decided to increase my terbutaline to a higher dosage and every 4 hours instead of every 6. The resident came in an examined me, I’m 1 cm and she could feel the baby’s head…OMG. The medicine helped slow things down and I took some ambien to help me sleep, and it worked.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Glad they were able to stop it again. Easier to read this knowing you are still preggers!!