Thursday, April 09, 2009

Home BedRest Journal Entry: Thursday, April 9, 2009

Time to catch up....

WOW, It’s hard to believe that I’ve been home now for over a week. And to everyone’s surprise we’ve made it to 37 weeks….YEP….the baby is officially FULL TERM!! YAHOOOOOO!!! I had my appointment with Dr H in the office on Tuesday. Baby’s heart rate was strong and I’m still 1 cm dilated but now 80% effaced and completely thinned out. She could feel the baby’s head too. (I still find that amazing). When I got home, a day or so later the Dr’s office called with the new c-section date. Interestingly enough, they had no time available on the 22nd, soooooo it was bumped a week and I have been scheduled to have a c-section on Wednesday April 15th at noon. Considering I was supposed to have had this done yesterday, the 8th…I’m getting more nervous now. In fact, last night I was almost thinking she was going to make her debut. I had pattern contractions for over 5 long hours. But I took a long bath around 11:30pm at a last attempt to calm down and relax myself. Because the shower would either make them worse (and then we would’ve called the Dr’s office) or make them ease up so that I could rest. Happily, they calmed down and I fell asleep very fast. Contracting so much for so long just takes it out of you for sure. But still home, feeling good today and have had the occasional contractions. Watching a LOT of hockey has helped the evening pass. Caps WON versus TB…YAHOOOOO and as a result have clinched the 2nd place spot in the Eastern Conference…GO CAPS. Also, the Frozen 4 started in DC tonight and the Championship game is scheduled for Saturday also the final regular season game for the Caps is also on Saturday night against Florida. Go Caps!! So relaxed to be at home, it feels GREAT!!

3 comments:

SharksGirl said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well, minus the annoying contractions and such ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it to 37 weeks... again!!!

- Anna from sweetpeas

Betsy Hart said...

YAY!!! I am so very happy for you!!