Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Reset button for your life - myth or reality?

Have you ever watched a movie and wonder, could that work in the real world?  Or could that just work in the made up world of movies where it is an ideal situation and all of the circumstances line up perfectly with no problems at all?

For example, you see that people in movies or tv show look for a 'fresh start' or have a 'moral makeover'.  Could that happen with no such issues in reality?  I'm not so sure.  You never see these people having issue paying their bills or problems searching for work in the process of the 'makeover'. 

Some people really do need a 'makeover' of sorts but not for some it would be literally impossible with out making matter extremely bad for them in the process. 

I can say a long time ago I was able to accomplish a minor 'fresh start' process, but at the time I was much younger and single and had minimal bills to pay.  But now, NO WAY.  I have too many responsibilities to take care of and kids to look in the best interest for and a household to keep together.  Not saying I need one right now, I certainly don't.  But if the need came up for one at this moment in my life that would be impossible.

For some a 'fresh start' could mean moving to a completely new city/state with new jobs, etc. Other the 'makeover' could mean trying a new faith or re-finding your faith.  The possibilities are rather endless.  But these so called complete "RESET" that you see in the movies, personally I think they are a myth.  But small steps that lead to a larger result over time is completely possible.

Have you ever considered this for yourself?  Or are you currently trying one?  Or was one put upon you unexpectedly (because that is possible as well)?

No comments: