Monday, September 19, 2011

One is just like the other

A lot of people are under the impression that guys and girls do not act the same.  That could not be farther from the truth.  I'm speaking of course from a grown up stand point.

With guys there is usually a lot of curse words and belittling to show their manly affection for one another and with girls it's some of the time a lot of hugging and giggling.  But I've noticed lately a lot more 'man hugging' with guys especially in greeting and with ladies just as much of cursing and belittling (in backhanded ways, which usually gets a good laugh).

Stereotypes put girls and guys at total opposites, which in some cases is TOTALLY true.  However, in current society  in social situations or just one-on-one interaction that could not be further from the truth.

Have you ever noticed this?  I'm noticing now, I'm guessing because I'm a parent of two little ones and I'm paying so much more attention to their changing social skills.  Each day is something new at our house.  Kids sure say the darndest things.  Also, be careful what you say because there are tape recorders (little toddlers) everywhere.



1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

I have a really hard time trying to figure out where to draw the line between "sit like a lady while you are wearing a dress" and telling them they can do anything boys can do....