Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In a bubble, but aren't we all?

With everything that happens in our lives and as we look around us, we all have a tendency to literally believe that the world revolves around "you" or "us" or however you put it. And when others interrupt, impede or change the plans of what any of us have set in motion, chaos occurs (at any level).

Driving down the road I notice..some on their phones (with some talking rather intensely others just relaxed and laughing), some talking to their kid(s) in the backseat, some having a great time singing to their radios and others just sitting quietly (as I was at the time I was looking around). Our universe(s) are inside our vehicles, homes, workplaces, etc.

I witness frustration at those who are at their doctors offices and are upset with the people behind the desk (either answering phones or helping with paperwork) because something done is not to their satisfaction (usually about appointments or waiting time). And how the person just trying to help is being beat down by someone who is figuratively saying 'how dare you interrupt my plan of how I want my world to be' or 'how dare you make me wait'. These kinds of things puts a LOT into perspective for me. I'm totally trying not to be one of those people, anymore. It's not their fault, they are just doing their job too.

Things happen that do in fact effect our world and put our original plans that were in motion, out of sync for a while. But eventually things go right back to normal (or our type of normalcy). It certainly is not an easy thing to try and realize all of this all of the time, emotions do get in the way and complicate things.

My particular bubble, now a days is rather fragile and constantly flexible. With kids it certainly has to be that way. But because I have kids that bubble is protected and much stronger than ever because I'm now in the roll of 'mama bear'. My family is everything to me and that is what MY Bubble is around.

2 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I am in my bubble too, but I love it here. =) I am glad my bubble has touched yours and we share some small part of life with each other. =)

CapsCrazy said...

Oh Betsy...I'm so glad too.