Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Frustration with indecision

At some point I'm sure that all of us have dealt with the frustration of indecision or decisiveness.

I deal with it EVERY day.  I'm usually the decision maker at work where this is concerned and the worst topic where this is a problem is LUNCH.  Where to go or order from for lunch.  We've gone to such lengths as to even create a jar with places we like to go and types of food to order and pick from it when NO one has any idea what they want.

Then the process starts ALL over again at home, it's an all day thing if it is on the weekend.  Down to what are the kids going to wear, what to fix the kids for their meals what are we (the adults) going to eat?  What to do for activities?  Leaving the house?  Staying home?  Going to the store or order online? 

I know that all of this is really tiny on the larger scheme of things but when it happens all the time, it's hard to not think about it. 

Has this ever happened to you?  Do you get frustrated by things like this?

Sometimes I'm so relieved when other make those decisions for me.  But I'm sure just like everyone else my brain is tired and I'm so overly exhausted that the mindless things are so great.  We are currently considering structured meal planning at home (to help with this) especially since little H is now almost completely switched over to solids.  He's only got 8 teeth so some foods are still rather difficult.



1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

We do a similar thing here. Hubby is really great at meal making, especially if I have a plan for him, but deciding is HARD! What are you planning to use for meal planning? Are you going to do all the meals every day or just dinners to start?