Thursday, March 28, 2013

Reading....do you?? What do you??


Recently I have re-discovered my LOVE for reading. At first it was just a way to busy my mind to keep me from thinking about all of the troubles that were at hand and also to help me from being sad.  It worked, VERY WELL in fact.  I started first by reading and re-reading books by my favorite authors.  Then some of those authors were releasing new books. And they referred some of their favorites on their social media sites (or even mentioned what they were currently reading).  So I ventured and started branching out for more authors.  

Then I started getting GREAT book recommendations from my friends of books that I had not already read.  Before when I would get a recommendation I had already read it, but now I was hearing of new books and authors I was not familiar with.  YAY!!   

I started a list of some of my favorite authors, please keep in mind this is no where near a complete list a all of what I'm reading.  Recently on of my good friends I'll just call her "E" she invited me to a group on Facebook and we affectionately call ourselves "book junkies".  I personally only know a few people in this group but it is like we are all best friends and we are a chattering, giggling book club.  Minus the physical presence.  It's an amazing group of people.  I'm so blessed to be a part of them and they have helped me in more ways than I can possibly express. I owe them so much.


Now, I used to only read journal like and auto biographical books or even branch out to Harry Potter books.  Well I've since branched out too all TYPES of books. Fiction, Mystery, Fantasy, Romance, Non-Fiction, (not a fan of horror; so I'm staying away from that) Sci-Fi.  

My favorite I've found are the one written realistically.  Even fantasy (but only if it's realistic), does that make sense?  Also I prefer the current time period or around the current time period to see how accurate the author is or if he/she takes artistic license with the period.  However I love a very accurate and detailed period book.  If want to feel as if I'm there. I get that so well with some of the new authors I have been referred to by my friends and now I'm anxiously awaiting sooooo many sequels that I'm going CRAZY.


I'm currently re-reading a few books I've already read as I'm awaiting sequels so I want the stories to stay fresh in my mind, but like I just said this makes me all the more anxious about the next part of the story and my imagination going wild with what I would do and how I might write the story if I was the author.

Do you like reading??  Even if you don't like it as much as I do that is totally cool....what do you like to read??  Tell me I would love to know.  




1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Love reading. I am finding some new ones from the group too.