Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tis the season (to be....)

You know, there are so many things to be thankful for (for all of us). 

But there are also so many things that makes this time of year a complete roller coaster of emotion.  Things you are happy and thankful for.  Things you are sad about.  Things you want and things you need (never the same thing, usually). 

When asked what I wanted for Christmas, I couldn't answer.  I truly can't think of anything I 'want' for Christmas.  Yes gifts are nice, but there are so many things we need right now that those material things just don't matter to me. 

I just want my kids to be happy and smiling.  For the roof to stay over our head, for all of the bills to be continued to be paid on time.  For our fridge to have food for the kids.  For my hubby's foot to get better and for an employer to give him a call and a job.  For my doggy to be the great doggy she is.    That is what I want.

I've been saying a lot of little prayers for friends that are in need and for those who have time much harder than ours.  Tis the season, to think about what is truly important in life.  I'm so thankful for all of my family and friends. 

I hope you all have at least the opportunity to have someone or many people in your life who can help and support you in a time of need, especially during the holiday season.  Remember, it is never too late to give back or pay it forward.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am definitely thankful for a job that I enjoy, a roof over my head, the family member that puts that roof over my head, family, bills being paid and anything else is really a blessing. Some days it is hard to think of these things as blessings but I am truly grateful for the little I do have. I am truly blessed!!


Jenn

SharksGirl said...

I hear you. I'm just happy to finally be employed and have a paycheck. The rest is gravy.