Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Suffering in silence







Suffering in silence.

It's rough in any context really.  You could be sick, or fighting an illness, living in pain from an injury, depression, anxiety, sadness, etc.

This is not a good thing, especially if you do not have to. Myself just like many others I know I am one who tends to do my best to suffer in silence.  An illness yet to be diagnosed with symptoms that are just awful but with medicine can be treated are a savior. 

Some who are bullied usually keep things in to themselves until it becomes too much.  And even trying to talk to someone isn't enough release for the amount of energy that has been stored.

Persons with pain or any kind of physical injury..the hardest part is waiting.  It is true time (with treatment) does heal all wounds but it's the damn TIME that is the hardest to bear.  Some times don't you just wish you could skip ahead in time (like in a video game) and be all better?

Another question is WHY??  Why do we choose to suffer in silence?

For myself, there are more things that I consider worse than my problems and I would rather try to help others if I could.  My problem isn't going anywhere and some times I really REALLY don't like the negative kind of attention that brings (to myself or anyone).  On occasion I do mention it, because just like others a few words of encouragement does lift the heart, and that really helps.


(my son Hunter at 6 months old)

Do your best to smile when you can.  Smiling and laughter are a fantastic medicine.  As hard as it sometimes can be.  Even a small one helps in amazing ways.  Besides Smiles are contagious.

What do you do to get out of a funk? Or what do you do to get yourself out of something rather difficult?



No comments: