Thursday, January 12, 2012

What ever happened to.... a courtesy wave??


You know...I was wondering the other day and even this morning on my way into work, as someone cut me off.  What ever happened to the courtesy wave people used to give while driving??  Don't get me wrong, some people in fact, DO still give one.  But that has become so rare, especially around where I live in the Washington DC/Virginia area.

When in traffic usually it was a nice way to say "thank you" for letting me merge over or if someone was nice enough to stop and let you turn in front of them.

Yes, I do admit that I do not always give a wave.  But usually I do try to and I have found myself lately saying "YOU'RE WELCOME!"  in a sarcastic way to those that just cut me off in traffic or even to those I've stopped for and they just go thinking it was there right to begin with.

I know this is not really that important...it's just a random topic.

Is the courtesy wave alive and well where you are??  Do you give one??  Tell me.

No comments: