Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Doing things for yourself = therapeutic

Now that the new year has begun and the resolution warriors are out in force. Those who impact your normal routine, don't worry. Give it a little time and things will more than likely go back to what you are used to.

One little thing you really should not forget is to do things for yourself. No matter how little or how large. Something as simple as taking a longer than normal shower/bath or buying a special treat for yourself at the store; to as large as making a major purchase for yourself (car, house, etc). It is completely therapeutic to do this on a regular basis.

Don't focus on the things you don't have or want...just look at the things that you CAN obtain or do for yourself. If you focus on the others too much that would be enough to depress ANYONE and EVERYONE.

Do your best to keep a positive outlook, no matter how hard things may be. (yes, I know most of the time that is truly easier said than done) It will certainly be in your best interest and when you look back on it you will be glad that you did.


For myself the thing that I do for myself is putting on make up. Yeah I know that doesn't sound like much but for someone like me with two little toddlers at home, that is HUGE.

So what have you done for yourself lately? (tell me)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I received some shower gel for Christmas from Bath and Body Works. I love using it on the weekends with the matching lotion as a way to relax and feel a bit special. It's nice!!