Monday, October 31, 2011

Saying one thing and doing another....Grrr.

I have a pretty long fuse when it comes to many things.  But one thing that cuts my fuse to practically nothing is when people say one thing and either do another or do opposite what ever they said they would do.

When someone (and I'm not saying myself) has had a dream of something in their life.  And they count on others to be there for them for the support they so desperately need to make their dream a reality and then they are crushed down by the ones they need.  That just completely pisses me off.

I completely understand that sometimes circumstances change and such.  But those who promise one thing should at least try to do what they can or make it right with the person.  Not crush their hopes.  Or at least work to compromise and not cheapen the experience just to accommodate their needs (when it's not about them).

Maybe I'm just venting...well I know I am.  But how would you react?  Would you just cut the person out all together?  Would you confront them (a little harder, especially if it's family)?  Just ignore it (which is extremely difficult) and hope your dream is not completely ruined? 

There is no easy way on this.  I'm doing what I can to help, I just hope it is enough.

No comments: