Thursday, September 06, 2012

Who you meet though the most interesting places...

I know usually if I'm posting a status on facebook around lunch time it's usually about how someone has been TOO LOUD, really rude to the staff or persons their with or even just being very vulgar so that everyone can hear and in most cases even see.

Well today I'm going to write a little bit on the people we sometimes meet in these happenings, like lunch.  I had lunch today in a small local sushi restaurant, I was just dying for some miso soup and hot green tea.  Well, the tables are arranged rather close together so if you are with other usually there is not a lot of privacy unless you ask for some and you are seated away from others.

I decided today to order some dessert.  Yes...there is dessert at sushi restaurants and it's NOT fish.  I ordered some red bean mochi ice cream.  For those that don't know, mochi ice cream is small balls of ice cream wrapped in sweetened glutonous rice.  It's delicious and usually comes in many different flavors.

Well this nice lady next to me had no idea what it was that I had ordered and when it arrived she asked me about it.  And after explained it to her we continued talking.

She asked me about my work and I asked her about hers.  She is a published local writer.  Her name is Cheryl Somers Aubin (click on her name for her webpage) and she wrote a book about the tree that survived 9/11 in NYC called  The Survivor Tree: Inspired by a true story  and all proceeds go to charity.   I highly recommend checking out her book on Amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com 

She was an intriguing person and I was very glad I had the opportunity to talk to her and hope I get to do so again in the future. It certainly is amazing who we meet and can come across in out lives and how in just a few moments someone can impact you so much.

No comments: